Shelley Made: A Fairytale Dress

Monday 2 January 2012

A Fairytale Dress

Yes, another sewing project for Christmas.  This one was kind of special - I just knew my daughter would love it.  Sometimes I make things that I like - and she is not too keen on!  But this one I was confident would go down well.

The pattern is another Tie Dye Diva one.  No - I'm not affiliated in any way :)  I got a bundle deal off the website!  You can find it here.

I found some butterfly poplin at Spotlight in one of her favourite colours (purple).  They also had some plain blue that matched for the underskirt and ties.

I made a size 2 width bodice - but size 4 everything else.  As with most patterns - I find a size 2 in the width is just right for my wee girl.

Here is the front:




...and the back...


...with a closer view of the bodice front.  I did not use ribbon for the lacing of the bodice.  I made my own out of the same fabric.  Why?  Two reasons - I could not face going back to Spotlight in the Christmas madness (!), and I also didn't think I would find a good match.



All in all I was pretty pleased with how it turned out.  It was not a hard pattern.  I was very happy when I had finished all of the hemming - but it was more time consuming than anything else :)

Christmas Day...it was the only item of clothing she was interested in wearing!  So yes, she did love it.



I think it looked pretty cute on her - don't you?




...and just right for more of the twirling that four year old little girls seem to love doing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment